As registered CIBSE Heat Networks Consultants, BESA Consult offers certified consultancy on district heating and cooling schemes which builds on the Building Engineering Services Association’s unique market position.
Specifically we can offer;
- Assurance, as registered CIBSE CP1 accredited assessors we are formally recognised by assessment, as competent to use the CIBSE CP1 Heat Networks Code of Practice for the UK.
- Advice and guidance on District Heating covering:
- Feasibility and commercial model guidance
- Construction contracts
- Engineering governance
- CHP procurement and operations
- Innovative ideas to reduce the cost barriers and improve efficiency
This is complemented by the BESA’s experience working with a wide range of stakeholders to promote and improve District Heating through:
- A data led approach to engineering – facilitating engineers to work from data rather than an over reliance on conservative standards
- The creation of a cross party agreement, aligning stakeholders interests and removing cost barriers
- Developing and maintaining standards that aid the deployment of District Heating. In addition to the extensive range of existing industry publications, we have published the first UK standard in HIU testing and are developing a building connection standard.